Pollen is hiring! We are looking for someone to come in for a few hours on Monday mornings to pull the studio back together after our weekend events. This is an entry level position that does not require floral design experience, just a love of washing buckets! Please see the job description below (printable pdf at end).
Job Description—Seasonal Studio Assistant
Position: Seasonal Studio Assistant. This is an entry level position and not a floral design position.
Company: Pollen, Inc.
Contact: Lynn Fosbender, owner. firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company: Pollen is an eco-friendly floral design company specializing in custom florals for weddings and events.
Web: www.pollenfloraldesign.com | www.facebook.com/pollenfloraldesign
Job Term: Seasonal. Typically the season runs from March – December.
Time Commitment: 4 – 6 hours/week. Mondays, starting at 10AM. Position is open immediately.
Compensation: $10/hour, with a review after 3 months.
Location: 2918 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60618 (Near the Logan Square Blue Line el stop.)
- Generally, keeping the studio clean and organized and helping with preparation for upcoming events.
- Washing lots and lots of vases and buckets.
- Returning items to their designated spaces.
- Cleaning the workspace, consultation area, and bathroom.
- Prepping containers and other items for upcoming events.
- Caring for plants.
- Responsibilities and hours may increase if mutually agreeable.
Pollen’s Core Values: Respect. Efficiency without shortcuts. Minimizing waste.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for hours, including at a sink hand-washing buckets and vases.
- Ability to balance efficiency and attention to detail.
- Did I mention attention to detail? Very important.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work quickly.
- Attention to detail. Very important.
- Enjoy cleaning and organization.
- Pride in a job well done. Even when no one is looking.
To apply: Please email a resume to email@example.com by Wednesday, March 25, 2015. No phone calls, please.